PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
Long time pipe smoker, recent member her.
I bought a pipe from Marty Pulver today and I am anxiously awaiting it. I just want to say I spent 10 min on the phone with him, just talking pipes and I was impressed.
He was clear and honest and interested. It was pretty damn cool. I have no interest or relationship with Pulver's Briar but I got a good what I feel is a good deal on an Eltang Cutty and I would highly recommend him.

danhester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2016
Awesome. I haven't bought from him, but was strongly considering one before I got a new piece for Christmas. My next pipe will be an estate pipe, and he seems to be a really good source.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Marty is one of the really good guys, knowledgeable and caring. I have been quite happy with the several pipes I've gotten from him, and he is one of the driving forces behind the fabulous West Coast Pipe Show in Vegas.
hp

les

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Marty is one of the PipeWorld's most highly regarded citizens. He's been around forever, knows a ton, is completely reliable, and subscribes to the no nonsense model of communication.
Recommended. 8)

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
I purchased a Ferndown 1* from Marty and found him to be a squared away individual. Pleasant to speak with and honest as the day is long! Plus georged said he is good to go. High praise indeed!!

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
And he has a thumb that has replaced Dunhill Groups as the universal measurement of bowl capacity.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I would recommend Marty - Pulvers Briar to anyone, he has sold me many pipes and I've never been disappointed. He has actually steered me away from several pipes that he did not think I would like, based on past purchases. I would also recommend Mike @ Briarblues, both of these sellers are gentlemen and both are very knowledgeable about the pipes they sell.

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
None better than Marty. He draws from a deep well of experience and has a great sense of humor. I've bought several pipes from him over the years; every one a good smoker at a fair price.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Helluva guy. I used to frequent his shop in SF back in the way, way back. The thing about Marty.....he has unusually small thumbs...like capuchin monkey small. Oh, and never let him hold your drink in a party setting.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I hear he makes a mean pecan pie, just not as good as U.S. Ole Southern Boys make. He cried and moaned so I told him the secret ingredient, finally he left me alone. :rofl: Seriously he is a man of integrity , will tell you what's wrong with the pipe before the good stuff. I have bought many a pipe from him and have always been satisfied.

cfreud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 1, 2014
Known Marty for 20-plus years. Great guy. Straight shooter, to put it mildly. Most of my pipe collection comes from him. No worries with him. The best.

graydawn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2014
Yoda Marty with the golden thumb! Great guy to visit with and buy pipes from. Witty blogs too.

He makes the hobby fun and interesting.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I got the pipe! It is exactly as described. It is loaded with Dark Star and I will be smoking it shortly. Marty even sent a note with it telling me the stem was tight and to be careful taking it apart.
It was a great experience, this is going to cost me money.

Status
Not open for further replies.