Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcharles123

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
I have a Dupont ligne 2 I got cheap and refurbished with a pipe tip. Great tool but the gas cartridges are expensive and have to be ordered.
IM corona seems like almost all the quality of dupont and takes regular (high quality) butane. I like the old school old boy but the knock offs I had (xikar) get getting loose, warranty or not.
Old boy? Pipemaster? Laurel?

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
Old Boy
Though I also have a 20+ year old Pipemaster, it stopped working and the U.S. Corona repair folks completely rebuilt it for $9. It now works perfectly. Can't go wrong really.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
PipeMaster for me.

Just found my 50 year old PipeMaster and is being repaired for $35.00 for all new parts including shipping.

Wish I could find my Beattie Jet lighter...that was a gem.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Who repairs them in the US? Have one of the pipe shapes Old Boys. Worked fine for about a month, dropped it once, and now it leaks fuel like crazy.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Music City Marketing, Inc.

ATTN: I M Corona Repair

477 McNally Dr.

Nashville, TN 37211

1-800-251-3016

They have live, friendly, intelligent folks that answer the phone.

schaum

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2014
Eight years with an Old Boy. I clean the carbon off it every refill and brush the spark wheel once a year.

buckaroo

Lifer
Sep 30, 2014
So. Cal.
Just get an adaptor from ebay and use any high quality gas you have. Been wanting to convert one of my Dupont's. Jealous. I love the long thumb wheels on them.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Been watching and wanting an Old Boy for some time now. Going to my local B&M tomorrow and if they have one it's coming home with me, if not I think I will order one from Smokingpipes. I like the pipe shapes one and the matt black one. I currently have a Sarome #35001 that I'm very happy with but would still like an Old Boy. :puffy:

bcharles123

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
Been watching and wanting an Old Boy for some time now. Going to my local B&M tomorrow and if they have one it's coming home with me, if not I think I will order one from Smokingpipes. I like the pipe shapes one and the matt black one. I currently have a Sarome #35001 that I'm very happy with but would still like an Old Boy.
Smoking pipes has very good prices on these. I like the pipes in pewter thinking maybe it will develop a patina.

carytobacco

Can't Leave
Nov 23, 2012
Cary, NC
When I worked at Savinelli we distributed IM Corona lighters. We were told that IM made the "guts" for DuPont lighters. Never was able to verify it but either way they are great lighters and priced well. I have 2-3 old boys, a double corona, and an elysees.

briarhillgeoff

Might Stick Around
Nov 8, 2014
I got one last year from Smokingpipes - works great - love it - but for $100+ it would have been nice to have some extra flints - if you buy one - get pack when you order.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
I have carried one for years and it never fails me unless it is out of fuel:O) It does have a bad habit when carried in my jeans on occasion of opening and allowing fuel to escape. This has only happened 3 or 4 times over the years, but has occurred. But it has been the best lighter I have ever carried.

Status
Not open for further replies.