PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Since my birthday is coming up in another week and a half I decided to treat myself to a little Birthday PAD. I bought them both new instead of taking a chance on getting a "noomed" estate pipe off of eBay. :lol: I bought the Savinelli from Smoking pipes and the Ferndown from Pipes2Smoke. It will be my first pipe from each maker and I am really excited to see how they smoke!
Savinelli Nonpareil Sandblasted (9121)

002-033-8196.jpg

LW # 9 Ferndown 2 * Reo

L_9_f.jpg

L_9.jpg

sergemoat

Can't Leave
Oct 15, 2011
Very nice, and happy birthday!
My Ferndown had some stain in the bowl and made the first smoke taste terrible, if yours is the same I suggest you do a pre smoke cleaning. After the cleaning mine smoked great.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
I know your going to enjoy the Savinelli. Haven't tried a Ferndown.......yet. They're both nice pipes. Awesome Birthday gifts.

john218

Part of the Furniture Now
May 5, 2012
Connecticut
Talk about coincidence! I am sitting here smoking some Escudo Navy Deluxe Flake in my Nonpareil shape 9904. Mine has a sandblast top, instead of a smooth top. It's lightweight and a nice dry smoker. I'm sure you will enjoy yours. The Ferndown is a great looking pipe. You should have many great smokes from both pipes. Happy Birthday!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Happy Birthday! Those are some great pipes. That paneled Ferndown is super nice, I'm smoking a Ferndown now, you won't be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.