PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I've been good, really I have... I've been working through my backlog of open tins and samples, smoking my current modest collection of cobs and briars, getting some color on the one meer, and being satisfied with what I've got (which does include some cellared blends and a few unopened tins for later).
Sigh. Then y'all had to go and tell me that SmokingPipes.com had the Gods series by Tsuge in stock. AND they still had 15 of the Bruyere St. Claude pipes available. AND I didn't blow through my mad money account buying leatherworking supplies this month, so I had some cash on hand.
Dangit. :D
Four tins and a lovely billiard en route. I'd copy over a picture, but the site is down for maintenance - guess I got my order in just under the wire.

navypipe23

Might Stick Around
May 23, 2015
I checked out those pipes on smokingpipes.com and they look to be some beautiful ones. How is the Gods series of blends?

sirgawain1

Lurker
Jan 21, 2011
Northern Neck of Virginia
I got several of those Bruyere St. Claudes with the real horn mouthpieces. They're wonderful and smoke really well. I like the horn mouthpieces because they don't oxidize like vulcanite and they're easier on the teeth than acrylic. Plus, being so old, they tend to make the ambrosial stuff from my vintage tins taste even better!

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Very nice!

I have an Extra Acorn and I'm waiting for a billiard to show up also. Hopefully Thursday. Nice little pipes.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
MrE, the draw on mine is very good and I can pass the large end of a tapered pipe cleaner with no problem. :puffy:

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Good feedback on the Bruyere's. Any word on the finish bubbling as the Ol' Cajon mentioned? I'm really kinda curious about trying a horn stem.
Phred, way to go ol' boy! Let us know how you all get along. Hope you've been making good progress with your writing.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
How is the Gods series of blends?
No idea - I'm buying them as much for the tin art as anything else. :D
I'm a very occasional smoker, so it's taking me a while to get through the Bjarne Viking series. Once I've cleared some space in my Open Tin jars, I'll start in on the Tsuge offerings - I've got unopened tins of the Seasons series that I'm looking forward to as well.
And here's the pipe pic from SmokingPipes (this one's still in stock - I think mine's slightly lighter in color):
002-701-0503_zpsd4qaewc4.jpg

This lot has vulcanite stems rather than horn, but I don't mind...
Hope you've been making good progress with your writing.
Thanks, bigpond - Haven't actually gotten as much done lately as I'd like, but we're going on vacation tomorrow, with the specific goal of getting some stuff ready for a writing retreat in September that we've signed up for. And yes, I'm taking my Author pipes with me... 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.