PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjfine

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 4, 2012
I am trying to let this grow on me. I don't hate it. but I'm not in love.
Can someone identify the think I am not able to put my finger on about LTF? It isn't vanilla, or caramel, or citrus...
What the hell is that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l5tpY6SXMc

dsollars

Lurker
Mar 25, 2014
I love PS Luxury Navy, and the Bullseye, and have some off the Twist as well. I like all of them better after I have them in a mason jar for a year plus. To me the Twist is a little bit like Orlick golden sliced in that it has a sweet, grassy note. With spring arriving I might have to break into it soon.

sjfine

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 4, 2012
Coconut! No wonder I'm not loving it. Thank you!
A trade post coming soon to a browser near you.

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
I always thought it tasted a bit like anise but I don't have any insider knowledge. PS. I love the stuff.

danhester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2016
I like it! Like the other luxury flakes I have to be in the mood, so I try to keep a bit o each on hand.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
One of my standards. When papipeguy told me coconut a while back it made sense to me. I love flakes anyway and Ive not found another flake or blend that compares.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
A blend that I really enjoy for sure and it is very reasonably priced in bulk. I find it ages quite nice as well. :puffy:

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I know what ya mean... I recently bought a half pound on a whim and that aroma out of the bag rubs me the wrong way. It just smells synthetic to my nose. I'm gonna let them sit in some jars to see how they hold up with time. I love LNF so I was hoping I would love this but... I dunno just yet.
Coconut? Hmmmm...

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I recently bought a half pound on a whim and that aroma out of the bag rubs me the wrong way
Huh?? Laughing...
I love the stuff. It also has my favorite smell from a jar of all blends.
Next thing you know, somebody's gonna say they don't like the smell of Latakia! more laughing.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I order a pound of the stuff and ended up giving it away. Didn't rub me the right way either.
I'll never understand why people order a large quantity of a blend when they've never tried it. Of course its your money and you can spend it how you like, but this is always a possibility with any blend which is why I only get a tin or 1-2 oz to start with. It cracks me up when people buy 20 tins of a brand new released tobacco not knowing they'll even enjoy it, and order based off the tin description. I just don't get it. But to each their own I guess.
As for the PS LTF, I really enjoy the stuff and think its an excellent blend, but I can see why it wouldn't sit well with some people.

I love LTF also, especially taken with a flake of LNF and twisted together. I now jar the two together, shuffling the two together. I'm still not convinced that there's coconut in it, as I like blends that do have coconut, but caramel and maybe a touch of almond. It has a leathery like smell, like the smell of a good cowboy boot store or a fresh baseball glove.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Metal, I meant to order bullseye. It was a mistake in my part :( I'd never order an unknown tobacco in that quality on purpose.

jdhayes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 15, 2016
Take a bite of the filling of a pecan pie and a drink of black coffee at the same time, that's the taste of Luxury Twist to me. Coconut? I dunno...

Status
Not open for further replies.