PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I tried my first coin of this yesterday and all I can say is wow! I immediately folded another coin and had a second bowl. I'm a big Escudo fan and I like that this is close but not exactly the same in flavour. Its sweeter and creamier (almost a caramel like flavour to me) than Escudo, but not as complex either. It won't replace my Escudo, but for half the price this will definitely be added to my rotation. I plan on picking up the 24oz box (thought it was a 2lb box, guess I was wrong) in my next order from 4Noggins and cellaring it. I'll be bringing up the whole 2oz sample I just bought to the trailer with me this long weekend and I don't think much will be coming home!!

captainpeg

Lurker
Mar 27, 2013
Just tried this tobacco 2 days ago for the first time, sample was about 4 years old. I've been exchanging tobaccos with a friend on another forum and I have to agree with you - it's a really nice smoke and when you factor in the cost it's a great bargain! Enjoy (I know I am!)

Randy

Dec 24, 2012
It's good stuff for sure -I like it fresh but have a bunch cellared as well.
If you want to try the same thing (in my view) but made with (again, in my view) higher quality tobacco, try Davidoff Flake Medallions. Still, for the price, I lean toward LBF, but also have a few of the Davidoff tins hidden away.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I've got some big expenses coming up around the house so I'm looking for some good deals at this point. I think for now I'll stick to the LBF and try a tin of the other suggestions maybe in the fall. I have a fair amount of my favourites now so any buying done this summer will be for cellaring not sampling. I still have several unopened tins that I can try if my curiosity gets the better of me this summer.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
A blend of ripe Virginia tobaccos spiced with pure Louisiana Perique. The centre of Black Cavendish smooths out the taste.The outer blend is pressed into thin layers before being tightly spun around a stick of pressed Black Cavendish. The result is a massive cigar which is cut into medallions and packed.Lightly aromatic, medium strength.http://www.cupojoes.com/cgi-bin/spgm?dpt=F&srch=DF&item=new403

That's the description of Newminister superiour round slices from Newminister from cup o joes that sells it as well. I don't know where the dark fired kentucky is, as I was thinking about ordering some but having gotten a 24 ounce box of PS LBF it sounded pretty much the same to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.