PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I got my Secret Santa box from Pat a week or two ago, and I have been dying to open it up. I had planned to open it on Christmas Eve Day, but we are heading out early tomorrow to spend the day at the inlaws (I need to drink plenty of hard alcohol to get me through that), so the wife said I could open up Pat's package tonight rather than tomorrow.
So, in a flurry of excitement, I opened up the package, and what before my wandering eyes should appear?
Two vintage 1 lb tins full of the most universally detested pipe tobacco known to all of humanity: Mixture 79.

Dec 24, 2012
Breaking News . . .
Pat is redeemed.
Inside the tins there were the following hidden goodies (and some pipe cleaners, which I forgot to put in the pic):

Yes, Peck, there is a Santa . . .

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Save those old tins. Those type are not used any longer. Can be used to store nuts and bolts etc and they stack to save space.

May 31, 2012
Hopefully those Sea Dogs are trick matches and have another surprise for you!

:lol:
Good show Pruss, good show!
Merry Christmas Peck!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Gee...I was thinking Mixture 79 is precisely the blend you’d want to smoke at the in-laws’ place.

Dec 24, 2012
Yeah, I had been reading a biography of Orson Welles so threw that on to try it. I wasn't loving it - so I switched back.
Luckily I do have some Mixture 79 cellared. On the 28th, Pat and Brian (brdavidson) are traveling out to visit and smoke pipes in my man cave - as payback, I will force Pat to smoke some some of the 79 (outside).

May 31, 2012
Hey man, don't force them, ya gotta be subtle, marinate it in Stonehaven juice or something and tell 'em it's a new ready rubbed version LOL
Pruss hit you right on theme with the trick packaging,

ala Orsonesque F For Fake or some such!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Happy Christmas, Peck. When I saw those two tins sitting in the antique store, well, they just sorta had to be yours. Fortunately for all involved, they were empty; so I had to stuff 'em.
Glad you enjoyed the innards better than the outards (okay, not a word, but who cares). Can't wait to meet up on Saturday.
Wishing you all, an entertaining, safe and happy Christmas.
-- Pat

jgriff

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Secret Satan strikes....(but the scary part is whether he needed to smoke all that Mixture 79 himself?)

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
mixture 79 - genius Pat! lol!
Yeah, I had been reading a biography of Orson Welles so threw that on to try it. I wasn't loving it - so I switched back.
Good to have you back Peck.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I was wondering when you were going to open that, couldn't stop laughing when he showed them to me. Classic Pat!

Status
Not open for further replies.