PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
I've been sworn to secrecy until today. A couple of months ago I commissioned a wax drip pipe from one of the few craftsmen in the world who make wax drip pipes. And today it is finished. I also have a more conventional pipe (Bent Rhodesian) from Larrysson, and I highly recommend his work as pipes among the highest quality of pipes I've had the pleasure to smoke.

timthumb.php

22 pictures of the pipe from raw briar to completion are available here: Larrysson Wax Drip Pipe (and others)

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Wow! Now that's a really cool looking pipe. It's got to be super fun to hold. I mean... it really is a beautiful pipe. Congrats.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
ABSOLUTELY STUNNING !! That is a fine piece of art and a lovely pipe indeed. If it smokes half as good as it looks, you have a real gem. Congrats !

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Dayum! That is fantastic I see Paul is back on top of his game, what talent, enjoy that scrumptious drip wax

banjo

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Amazing work. I should be receiving my Larrysson pipe today; a blasted Dublin. Not nearly as dramatic as your pipe but I'm excited nonetheless. Enjoy your new piece of art. Just gorgeous.

jmatt

Aug 25, 2014
I looked through all the pictures, and that's an incredible talent! Too bizarre for my tastes though.

I get that, but notice that most of his pipes are much more conventional. For example:

timthumb.php

And yes - I understand that the functional art stuff is typically love it or leave it. :puffpipe:

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
Very cool; I'm always amazed at artisan work that seems to make something "complex" from simple technique. It's always in the vision and touch.
Enjoy!

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
It looks really nice. The wood work is really impressive as it does look like drips of wax. Very nice! I hope it's a good smoker as well !

jmatt

Aug 25, 2014
I realize it's the wood, not the carver, but I love how the bird'seye on the top literally melts off the sides. I'm pretty excited to get it. Week or two from GBR to USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.