PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seaelf32

Lurker
Mar 25, 2018
Hi all....new member here.....
I just wanted to know the proper way to search the forum to get the best results.... For example, I recently purchased a Kaywoodie "Drinkless" Pup..... How would I enter the search to narrow the results?
Thanks

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Use Google.
Type as follows:
"kaywoodie" "drinkless" site:pipesmagazine.com

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
A Google search is fine but woods road's utility is better. Google generates hits based, I believe, on even a one word match. wroad.'s is a much more exact match across all the words in the search string.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Forgot. Also wroad.'s search just searches pipesmagazine, not Google's version of the entire internet that it has retrieved and stored.

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
This is a great question that I never thought to ask. What I find funny is that I have tried the Forum Search tool numerous times to no avail. But when I Google a pipe question, 9 times out of 10 it leads me here. Secretly Google is telling us all the best path to learning about pipes. Maybe the internet is not so bad after all...

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
This site's search has in common with most sites' search functions the quality of being useless. Maybe the owners don't want to spend the money given Google's power. Worse is the"help" function on my computer, an Apple of 11 years age. Again, I use Google. I paid for the product but they are cavalier in not providing it. pipesmagazine of course is free and thus has no obligation.

Status
Not open for further replies.