Proper Storage of Small Amount of Tobacco?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ml23

Lurker
May 14, 2012
Hello Everyone,
Well, my curiosity and the reviews over on Tobaccoreviews.com got the best of me and I just ordered 2-oz. packets/pouches of Double Eagle and 1776 Dominion tobacco from Sterling tobacco. This probably wasn't a wise move but if I don't like them I'll just take the loss.
Anyway, being a new smoker, I'm not sure how frequently I am going to enjoy a bowl so I want to make sure that I properly store/care for the tobacco as I am using it. I understand that Mr. Peterson sends the 2-oz orders in pouches. To what container/storage vessel should I transfer these tobaccos in order to prolong their life and keep them as "fresh" as possible?
I figure that each 2-oz packet will probably give me 20-40 bowls so I'll probably be using these blends for a while.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Michael

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
That would only last me a week so I wouldn't bother storing it. But, an airtight container is the way to go. I use Mason Jars myself. Any jar with an airtight lid is great.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
For small quanities I use sealable plastic bags. If the tobacco gets a bit dry I give a quick spritz with distilled water and squeeze the air from the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.