PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
I received a promotion out of the field and into management last month at work. Of course the only proper way to celebrate is with a new pipe. I have been admiring Abe Herbaugh's pipes for a while now and have talked to him at the last 3 pipe shows. At each show, he has had pipes that I liked but didn't completely love. So I talked to him about a combining different parts that I liked into a pipe to love. I am happy to say he dilivered. I've smoked it a few times and it's performed wonderfully for each of them. The stem is made of bakelite and its a first for me. It is not only beautiful, but comfortable as well.

11124597_1091875297509068_1156427017_n.jpg

bullethead

Lurker
Jun 20, 2015
congrats on the promotion and celebratory gift to yourself. I'm in management too but still get my hands dirty every day, don't be afraid to still get into the trenches when needed and you'll be loved by your fellow direct reports.
Kind of like the guy who has the ditches dug, then jump in there once in awhile and show them how it is done.
really nice pipe.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That is one gorgeous smoking instrument, and my second favorite pipe shape as well. Congrats on all counts!

Dec 24, 2012
Zack, that is a gorgeous egg with a very crisp blast that I just love. I also love the smooth rim couplex with the smooth shank end.
Abe is a great guy. I was lucky enough to have dinner with him and a few other carvers in Chicago. The moment he ordered a Guinness, I knew he was a great guy.
In fact, I bought one of his Rhodesians the other day and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival. That will make four of Abe's pipes for me, and I am sure there will be more to come.
Hope to see you again in Chicago next year.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The perfect way to celebrate your promotion. Congratulations on your career step and the pipe!

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Congrats on the promotion and that sweet pipe. Nicely done, sir. Nicely done.
Herbaugh is my short list of American carvers. I've heard nothing but good about his work.

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
Abe is a pleasure to work with and I am sure there will be more of his pipes in my future

mranglophile

Can't Leave
May 11, 2015
United States
Wonderful pipe! I love pipes that commemorate something as in your promotion. It makes smoking it that much more enjoyable...at least to me. Enjoy :)

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
You chose well. Abe is a heck of a guy and makes some terrific pipes. He used to live in WV and I saw him occasionally at the Winchester Pipe Club. I should have bought one of his pipes early on...

May 31, 2012
Major congrats on the promotion

and

congrats of the fine pipe too!
It is a great design and quite beautiful.

:puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.