PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
Finally got promoted yesterday after stagnating on the promotion list since March. Thinking of celebrating by splurging on a pipe I wouldn't normally buy. Perhaps a birthyear dunhill (1979) or maybe an old new stock Taylor. Anyway, just wanted to brag a little bit.

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
Yup, been watching that one since it posted. I watch all the 1979s but haven't been motivated enough to try to win one yet. That is a nice one though.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Congrats Gary, looks like your hard work has been rewarded, I believe you should buy whatever pipe so when you get older you will have a milestone reminder, The old cajun

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
Thanks for the kind words all, for those that don't know I'm in the military. I made my current rank pretty quickly, it will be a few years before I get a chance to celebrate another one.
Cajun, that's exactly what I'm thinking. I'm at the point where I have a large enough rotation that buying new pipes "just because" is hard to justify. I think from here on out I will only buy higher end pipes to commemorate certain events.
Gary

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your promotion. Please enjoy the pipe you select as a well deserved reward to yourself.

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
Congratulations are in order, sir! I really like your idea of a birthyear pipe and I can't think of many better ways to reward oneself than a Dunhill 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.