Prometheus Lighters-Anyone Have One?

(9 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by undecagon
  • Latest reply from undecagon
  1. undecagon

undecagon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm considering pulling the trigger on this guy , any one used one before? Thoughts?

"I said NO camels, that's FIVE camels...can't you count?!"
    AJHvibes.com
    Posted 5 years ago #
  2. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

'Don't use lighters. Not be to disrespectful, but it would be like lighting candles in church with a Zippo.

Posted 5 years ago #
  3. bigvan

bigvan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm not sure I understand your point, MSO.

Undecagon, I've been looking at Prometheus lighters, too. They look like a good simple mechanism. Good luck.

Posted 5 years ago #
  4. kyriefurro

kyriefurro

Login to Send PM

Not be to disrespectful, but it would be like lighting candles in church with a Zippo.

My Zippo works great for lighting my pipe. Bet it would do a pretty good job with candles, too

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

The owner of Prometheus and it's advertising is pretentious as hell, and that alone turns me off.

The lighter looks well made, 2 year warranty, but you have to pay the S/H ($12-$15) during warranty if it needs repair and more if beyond the two years.

A huge deal because no lighter works forever and will most certainly need repair.

If you're fine with that, $80+ isn't a huge deal for you, and you like the lighter, why not.

Posted 5 years ago #
  6. taerin

Eric

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Looks like a nice indoor lighter, if you go outside, I'd recommend a Zippo pipe lighter, otherwise your flame will be going out all the time.

"The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time."
    Mark Twain
    Posted 5 years ago #
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

plateauguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I use a Zippo with a butane insert - works great for the outdoors - just let it flame a couple of seconds before lighting your pipe.

I have more expensive lighters that are for when we go somewhere and I want to "show off", which means they stay home on the shelf. If you do decide to go for it, I liked the #01 style.

Posted 5 years ago #
  8. tamer291

tamer291

Login to Send PM

I just recently acquired a Prometheus Imco lighter. Simple little lighter. Works well.

Posted 5 years ago #
  9. undecagon

undecagon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I really like the design, and inclusion of tamper and cutter (punch cut isn't my favorite, but nicer thsn my teeth!) I'm just not sure if I want to spend that much. Had a Veryigo Briar, it broke. Had a pipe zippo, it's lost. I think this will be next. Still not quite convinced...

Posted 5 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   judcole