PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
For those who don't know, every year on Saturday night, there is a prom going on at Pheasant Run, during the Chicago Pipe Show. This year it was cold and raining. I needed to get from one part of the resort to another, but didn't want to walk in the rain. The only path available was full of kids in prom dress. Here was my solution:
Attention Everyone, I need to get to the other side of this group. I positively reek of pipe tobacco. Unless you want to smell like me, I suggest making a path!
My plan worked!

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
After spending lots of time in the smoking tent, I am sure I smelled like a mosaic of everything I enjoy and what my friends enjoy.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Yep, I've found that puffing a pipe in a crowd is a sure fire way to get some space (along with some nasty looks, but that is a worthy trade-off).

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I always look forward to saying hi to the same teachers I've seen chaperoning the Prom for years. It was more entertaining watching the kids reaction when the kids hit the smoke walking into the lounge from the pool area. 8O

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I was kind of a rebel as a kid and wasn't going to go to no prom. Of course this would come back around. Married to a college teacher I must have gone with her to chaperone five or six proms, more than I would have attended as a student. Frankly, I think I had a lot more fun this way, from my point of view. Youth is waste on the young.

Status
Not open for further replies.