PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
I recently read on a blog that you should not smoke when you have sores in your mouth ( lips, gums,etc. )

From childhood I have been plagued from time to time with mouth sores. As an adult I have come to realize they are brought on by injury ( banging a gum with tooth brush ) or whatever, stress, and high acid foods. In college the nurse would treat them with silver nitrate. This has not been available for years. I have had Doctors admit they suffer from the same issues and cannot find a remedy either. GOOD NEWS! Last year my daughter gave me a tube of Thieves brand Dentarome Plus. It is a compound, of natural ingredients, that has awesome germ killing powers. I use it now to get rid of the sores in as little as 24 hours. I treat my mouth to a small amount of the paste, 6 or 7 times throughout the day, and they go away within 2 days in the most stubborn cases. The tubes come sealed. Contents are subject to oxidation, so keep the air out of the tube as you use it up. It is available along with other products they make on line. Not cheap, but prices vary quite a bit so shop wisely. I generally pay around 8-10 dollars a tube. If you have suffered from this problem for weeks on end, with sores that can grow to better than an inch down a jaw line, it is cheap-cheap-cheap relief :O))) I even healed a persistent abscess using it. I can't guarantee it for everyone, but it has put a pipe back in my mouth quickly, and that was a big perk!

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
My wife suffers from frequent canker sores. Our acupuncturist suggested watermelon rind ointment (available at Chinese herbal stores) for treatment, and Lysine capsules (available at most health food stores) for prevention. Both work wonderfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.