PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

lazybugger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2012
hi , I was wondering what problems I could encounter with storing tobacco? I have nice sealed glass jars in a cool dark place ... could they get to moist or suffer from mold ... its such a pain getting it here thst I would hate months of work collecting to go down the drain due to my stupidity

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
As long as you haven't added any extra moisture to them (like spray the tobacco with too much distilled water or add humidification devices to the jars) mold should not be a problem.
Taking tobacco out of the tin, and putting it in jars is the way to go.
Of course you can periodically check your stash, but again, if it wasn't soaking wet when you jarred it, and you did not add any extra moisture, I bet you are safe.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Leave it in the tin until you are ready to smoke it,then put it in the jar. Don't add moisture. Don't add a humidification device. No problem.

lazybugger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2012
cheers for the advice , i am trying hard to get up a decent store of tobacco before we cant get it here at all anymore so that my mates and i can still enjoy a pipe for many years to come and would hate to have all the time and money wasted so just trying to take care of any poss probs before they occur

Status
Not open for further replies.