PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I just got a pm from someone with no title, only a picture of an envelope and a green circle on it. I can't open it or do anything. What does it mean?

cynicismandsugar

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
I received one as well; I'm assuming from the same user (if you pull up their profile, they joined today). I've dealt with something similar from a forum member, in the past, that is no longer posting on the boards. I'm just guessing it may be spam, or something similar, though I have no evidence.
All I can say for sure: Yup, I got one, too -- which means several others (if not everyone) have something waiting in their inbox as well.

jking

Lurker
Oct 17, 2016
Put down that skunky beer and walk away.
In other words, don't even think of clicking on it. Mods should be able to remove the offending code.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
The worst of all spammers are the incompetent spammers. Who sends a spam that no one can open? Defeats the purpose.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
Guys, I suspect the attachment did exactly what it was designed to to do. Don't click on it even once. If you did, make sure your anti virus (PC) is up to date and run a scan. I would probably go back to a restore point after that.
Mike S.

Jan 8, 2013
Guys, I suspect the attachment did exactly what it was designed to to do. Don't click on it even once. If you did, make sure your anti virus (PC) is up to date and run a scan. I would probably go back to a restore point after that.
I agree. Just because it doesn't seem like it did anything doesn't mean that's the case. Leave it alone and let the mods get rid of it.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Sorry guys. I don't know what this is.
We do not have the functionality to allow attachments to a PM.
I'm guessing that there was an email notification of a PM that had an attachment?
If a PM is sent without a title it cannot be opened. The title creates the clickable link to open.
Just ignore and/or delete.
The site has been scanned twice just now with two different services and no viruses or malware is found.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I don't get notifications through email on here, I just happened to notice it. But thank you for looking into it Kevin(nice name by the way).

Status
Not open for further replies.