PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Yes, I know it's not exactly elevated, but I like it. Mix Prince Albert with Dark Burley and you have a heck of a smoke.
It goes well with this:
All you hippies better start to face reality,

All your far fetched dreams of anarchy,

Better start to see things the way they are,

'Cause the way things

Are going they won't be goin' far.
World peace can't be done.

It just can't exist.

World peace can't be done.

Anarchy's a mess.
I always think of this as my "Leap Into Life" (apologies to Mad Magazine readers).

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Actually Prince Albert in a tin along with Mixture 79 will be the only tobacco's available after the FDA is done with everything!

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
Actually Prince Albert in a tin along with Mixture 79 will be the only tobacco's available after the FDA is done with everything!
and captain black. CB will be around forever.

I may just be the weirdo, but I just can't stomach that flavor and weird aftertaste of PA. Carter Hall, I can almost tolerate. The one big redeeming quality of Carter Hall is that I can leave a pouch of it in the box on the tractor or my fishing tackle box for a year, and it never dries out. And, if you smoke it while kicking up the dust, it's ok, because you can't taste it anyways. :puffy:

And, when you leave it in the tackle box, the smell of catfish bait really helps out the flavor.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I prefer Carter Hall and Perique, something about PA and his Pierced Topping throws me off.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I just can't stomach that flavor and weird aftertaste of PA.
I think the aftertaste is related to the alcohol used to apply the topping.
So far I have figured out that it has Chocolate, Vanilla and perhaps licorice and/or mint. It is hard to distinguish as these are subtle flavors.
I have experimented with making substitutes, and when alcohol is used to apply the Vanilla topping, the aftertaste that I have identified is present.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Chocolate works for me when it merges with the taste of the underlying leaf. I get that from Prince Albert, but it may vary for others who are more attuned to Burleys than I am. What bothers me about PA, if we're leveling criticisms, is the cut. It looks like they sprayed down leaves with a mix of whisky, cocoa powder and vanilla extract, then threw them in a wood chipper and had hipsters standing downwind to catch whatever flew out in those neat little red tins.

Status
Not open for further replies.