PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brudnic1

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2012
One light and it stays lit till the end of the bowl.

Any ideas examining this?

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Prince Albert is a fine old blend on its own! I mostly use it as a mixer. I mix it 50/50 with Smoker's Pride Black Cavendish, or Lane BCA, to make a blend I call "Fat Albert".

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
What they call a crimp cut may have something to do with it. It is forgiving of careless packing.

I always thought P.A. had a lot of PG in it -- but that is an assumption not based upon facts.

Peterpiperuk's quip immediately made me wonder is PG isn't flammable. :lol:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Like Granger, it tends to stay lit and doesn't leave much, if any, unburned tobacco. Aside from

dressing, I think it is mostly one kind of tobacco cut to one size, and this helps it pack easily and

burn evenly. Also, to give them justice, the makers of these brands have been at it for about 100

years, and they know what they're doing. They needed to keep their customers happy or they would

have gone out of business, as many did.

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
Mmmm... the Prince is my main smoke and favorite mixer. As mso489 said, there's a reason those codger blends have been around so long.
tumblr_mt5cmcv1NR1qa8szvo1_400.jpg

rmason

Jan 27, 2013
I mix it 50/50 with Smoker's Pride Black Cavendish, or Lane BCA, to make a blend I call "Fat Albert".
Pete that sounds damn good, I will have to give that a try.

~Ron

inteus

Might Stick Around
Sep 8, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
I bought some PA the other day so that I could mix it with my Molto Dolce if I decided to do that. I'll definitely have to try PA straight though. I opened it up and smelled it. It didn't have much of a smell at all. Might be nice. ;)

jeepnewbie

Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
I bought a tub of PA before deploying. I enjoy it alone and mix it in with my other blends I brought along for something different. I will be picking up more when I get home, it does indeed burn great.

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
This is a little off topic but being the young squirt that I am, I never understood the prank call " do you have Prince Albert in the can" and I was always curious. Sorry I have nothing else to contribute, still gave tried PA.

cynyr

Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
I called twenty places one day looking for Prince Albert in the can, but nobody had it. (Forum joke that was old when I joined.)
@ wnghanglow: "Can" being synonymous with "Men's Room" back in the day.
prince_albert_in_the_can.jpg

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
Oh I get the joke now cynyr, I didn't when I was 8 making prank calls to my mom * because I wasn't supposed to call strangers*

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Cortez, thanks for sussing out the constituent tobaccos in PA. And here I thought it was just a straight-up burley.

Live and learn. And, 10% Turkish. Who knew?

Status
Not open for further replies.