PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexnorth

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2015
Hey everybody

I was wondering, what would you say is a Reasonable price for an estate Ashton pebble grain. It's not heavily used. Marked "5", which I believe indicates that it was made in 1985. LX with a circle around it, "made in England" and "Ashton pebble grain" is carved on the down side of the stem. Some wear on the carvings but easy enough to make out 80% of it.

Ballpark?
--------------------------

Thanks for being a member and participating.
Thread title fixed.
Please see rule 9 here along with the rest of the forum rules
Thanks!
- Kevin

--------------------------

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
I like your assessment there Al, and depending on the carved/sandblast finish it could possibly go for even more. Like everything, condition and how craggy a blast will determine the final value. And of course early made Ashtons bring high prices usually.

alexnorth

Apr 7, 2015
The condition does not seem to be pristine but rather good. I'll see if I can get my hands on it. Do your feel that I'm on the right track in regards to the dating?

alexnorth

Apr 7, 2015
Oops, guess I was unclear in my title. Sorry about that. Thank you for your help in changing it and thank you all for weighing in on the matter of pricing this pipe.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Yes, the year would be 1985 (my commment earier, about being the first year is wrong, 1983 was the year of the first Ashton pipe). But, 1985 pipes are highly sought.

Status
Not open for further replies.