PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

addamsruspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
Question on pricing for all of you out there. I've got a friend who is offering me his Nording for $20. I've never even looked at Nordings, don't really know anything about them. It looks just like this one up on ebay.
Nording
It's in better condition then the one on ebay. Is it worth it for $20?

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
As long as there's no burn through. I'd pay 20 bucks in a heart beat. A nording is my current favorite pipe

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
As long as there is no damage to the stem or burn outs Id probably go $35 shipped,
It needs a good cleaning, if you are not up to the task consider Stem and Briar rejuvenation service

http://www.stemandbriar.com/resotration
..of course there are many others that can do a good restoration job

murica

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2017
100 dollar pipe when new. Worth every penny. I remember one of the first pipes I had was a nording bare freehand. Used to fill it with Stonehaven every night, back when it was around often and not so prized.

Jan 8, 2013
Nordings range, brand new, from around 70 to near 1000 dollars depending on the model and grade. All my Nordings, from lower to highest are fantastic. I would easily spend 20 dollars on any Nording if smokeable.

addamsruspipe

Dec 4, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
UUUUUGGGGGGGG, went out to get it and was taking another look at it. Was looking in the bowl and saw a small crack in the cake. So asked him if I could ream it out real quick and he said sure. It has several cracks going into the briar, deep enough that I would have to put some pipe mud on them. So I backed out of it. Problem is I had gotten all excited about it and now my PAD is calling out for a new pipe. The agony of it.

countybear

Lurker
Mar 13, 2017
Sorry to hear about your experience with the damaged Nording, but look at it this way, it sounds like that pipe saw a great deal of use (to someone), and I'd wager that they enjoyed it thoroughly.
I have a couple of Nordings currently, and have owned a few more. I have always found them to be of superior quality, reasonably priced, functionally and aesthetically very pleasing. A Nording Bare was mentioned above and prompted me to respond, it brought back fond memories of my own. I truly loved that pipe like an old friend.
I've owned Savanellis, Petersons, and even a couple of Dunhills, but I cherish my Nordings every bit as much as the others.
Just my 2c.

addamsruspipe

Dec 4, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
Thanks much apprieciated. I have been keeping my eye for another since I saw that one but since my price range is about $20 it looks like it might be a long time before I can get one.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Put the $20 in a "sock drawer" account and stash a little in there from time to time, and buy a new Nording signature for about $70. It would be worth the wait. They look bone white when you buy them but color beautifully over time.

countybear

Lurker
Mar 13, 2017
Put the $20 in a "sock drawer" account and stash a little in there from time to time, and buy a new Nording signature for about $70. It would be worth the wait. They look bone white when you buy them but color beautifully over time
^^ Here, here!

Status
Not open for further replies.