Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bracerbob

Lurker
Nov 3, 2012
Spring Hill Florida
I have a chance to buy some unopened tins of Vintage Irish Whiskey Tobacco when it was still made in Ireland. Is $14.00 per tin a reasonable price? The person has had them for six or seen years. Any suggestions/advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thank You Very Much !

Bracerbob

aka Florida Piper

Spring Hill , Florida

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I would say $14 a tin is reasonable, especially if its a blend you love. Smoking pipes has the "new" tins for $9, and you must pay shipping. A good cigar is $14+, and you only get 2 hours of smoking pleasure.....You will get many good smokes from a tin, so I'd say yes!! :puffy:

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Irish Whiskey is a lightly cased aromatic. I'm not sure having six or seven years age on it would do much for it. If you're buying vintage tins it's much better if they're a straight Virginia or a Virginia-Perique as those do greatly improve with age.
Considering that brand new they're only around $9 a tin online I'd say $14 a tin isn't too bad.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I have never smoked a tin from that era, but I smoke Peterson's Irish Whiskey very regularly. It does not have a whiskey taste like other whiskey blends, but it is a very good if you like Virginia and Burley. And it can only get better with age, lol. I would pay that price for it in a heartbeat.

billypm

Can't Leave
Oct 24, 2013
Pipestud once informed me that the older white-labeled stuff was a stouter, darker tasting blend than the version we get now. I like Irish Whiskey a lot and would be happy to smoke either iteration. Aytbody tried Rattray's Sir William?

Status
Not open for further replies.