Tags:   

Price of Vintage Tins Peterson Irish Whiskey Tobacco

(5 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by bracerbob
  • Latest reply from billypm
  1. bracerbob

bracerbob

Login to Send PM

I have a chance to buy some unopened tins of Vintage Irish Whiskey Tobacco when it was still made in Ireland. Is $14.00 per tin a reasonable price? The person has had them for six or seen years. Any suggestions/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You Very Much !
    Bracerbob
    aka Florida Piper
    Spring Hill , Florida

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. beefeater33

beefeater33

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I would say $14 a tin is reasonable, especially if its a blend you love. Smoking pipes has the "new" tins for $9, and you must pay shipping. A good cigar is $14+, and you only get 2 hours of smoking pleasure.....You will get many good smokes from a tin, so I'd say yes!!

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dream..."
    Willy Wonka
    Posted 4 years ago #
  3. lordofthepiperings

lordofthepiperings

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Irish Whiskey is a lightly cased aromatic. I'm not sure having six or seven years age on it would do much for it. If you're buying vintage tins it's much better if they're a straight Virginia or a Virginia-Perique as those do greatly improve with age.

Considering that brand new they're only around $9 a tin online I'd say $14 a tin isn't too bad.

"The thinking man always smokes a Peterson." -Peterson of Dublin
    Posted 4 years ago #
  4. rigmedic1

rigmedic1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have never smoked a tin from that era, but I smoke Peterson's Irish Whiskey very regularly. It does not have a whiskey taste like other whiskey blends, but it is a very good if you like Virginia and Burley. And it can only get better with age, lol. I would pay that price for it in a heartbeat.

Posted 4 years ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

billypm

Login to Send PM

Pipestud once informed me that the older white-labeled stuff was a stouter, darker tasting blend than the version we get now. I like Irish Whiskey a lot and would be happy to smoke either iteration. Aytbody tried Rattray's Sir William?

Posted 4 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   cortezattic, jpberg, ben88, acidpox, haparnold