PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I've had my Nording Signature for a year and have not noticed any fading of the signature...yet. I suppose if it happens then so be it. As cortez wrote, it's still a Nording and you know it.

Jan 8, 2013
That's kind of a bummer it's fading. Mine isn't fading yet, but even though it's my favorite pipe, I haven't smoked it very often yet. I'm personally not going to worry about it if it does. I don't think it will take away from the look of the pipe, and I know what it is, and I'm sure anyone else who likes the Nording freehands will too.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Agreed, rothnh. If the signature is important to you take a picture. That's what I did. I'm going to take another picture of mine now that it's a year old. It is interesting to see how the color develops over time.

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
Thanks for the input guys, I just wondered if there was a way to o it that wouldn't look "off" but I don't think there is. It really isn't that big of a deal, but it would just be nice to keep it there.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I haven't seen a Nording signature pipe in person, so this raises the question, is his signature

in some kind of marker or stamped on? I've noticed even stamps can become really light and

faint over time, although I've never had one disappear completely. Are the Nording signatures

all very light freehands? I've seen them for sale online, but haven't run across them in a shop.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.