PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

morton

Part of the Furniture Now
May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Hi everyone, I'm interested in playing around with blending and pressing tobacco for a little enjoyment and experimentation. Anyone here doing any of that and if so, any tips on presses, pressing and good recipes that I should try? I usually smoke SG Squadron Leader when I can get it, some Peterson Flakes and some Dunhill stuff that I quite enjoy. I do buy B&M blends occasionally in bulk but I lean toward tinned "english" or Balkan blends but am open to any and all experiences when it comes to good pipe tobacco. I will try to document my experiments and post the results if any of you are interested. Thanks, morton

terry

Oct 7, 2011
There is a good thread about this topic on here somewhere..probably do a search and you can find it. :puffy:

morton

May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Thanks for the suggestion terry. I tried a search but came up with very little. Perhaps I'm not using the right search terms - any suggestions? Some of our guys were talking about pressures needed and were going to experiment a little with tin cans and C-clamps etc but no definitive comments so I thought that I would ask again. I also tried looking for the topic on another forum that I'm on and found suggestions about how to make a press and a neat youtube vid on how to press dried tobacco leaves the way English Navymen did it with a cloth and a rope but can't find the link right at the moment. I'll post it tommorow if I can find it again. What I'm interested in mostly is blending my own recipe and them pressing it just to see how it turns out. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.