PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

slrichman

Might Stick Around
Mar 13, 2017
Little Rock, AR
I agree with Brian that Presbyterian Mixture is an excellent product. I really like it. Another great English is Peterson Wild Atlantic. Highly recommended.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I always thought Presby would be a little too mild for me, but I like other mild blends, like Nat Sherman 506 and Spilman Mixture. Some milder blends in the rotation make the fuller strength blends shine when they come around on the rotation.

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
I rather like Presbyterian - as much because of its interesting backstory as for its taste. I have a couple of tins stashed away here - a rarity as these days it is sold only in pouch form.
Never tried Wild Atlantic, although I do have a pouch here waiting its turn to be opened.
Mike

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Love the Presby, nice 'n smoky. The Wild Atlantic is certainly tasty as well. They both have just enough Lat to provide flavour without becoming a Lat bomb, ie SG Balkan Flake. I still prefer the Presbyterian Mixture over the Wild Atlantic, but I'd smoke either with glee :puffy:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Horrible horrible stuff.
20180427_1501351.jpg

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
I like Pres but I much prefer Gordon Pym. I didn’t care for Wild Atlantic at all; got too harsh for me. I was sad about that....

slrichman

Might Stick Around
Mar 13, 2017
Little Rock, AR
I too find Presby on the mild side, but still quite tasty. That's why I give a slight edge to Wild Atlantic. But then I like Morley's Best too.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
winton, Russ O.'s Presby match sounds interesting. I like all of Russ' blends I've tried.

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
Update: I have just opened my first pouch of Wild Atlantic and am smoking my first bowl as I type. To be honest, although half a bowl is not a lot to judge a tobacco on, it is really rather light on the latakia and almost has an aromatic feel to it. Not that it is unpleasant - it isn't - but I really don't think I would describe it as 'English'. Of the two I think I would much rather have Presbyterian Mixture.
Mike

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
I love Presbyterian, but the new stuff is so fresh I actually get Latakia flavor. I'm used to it having a passing memory of Latakia. That said, its light on the Latakia, with the Macedonian the star (and the tin nose of blueberries...where the heck does that come from?).

johnsteam86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2018
I've got my notification waiting for it to be back in stock. When it does I am ordering more tins. Presbyterian is a great everyday smoke all day. Maybe just maybe I'll get more pipes done by then to get even more tins.

Status
Not open for further replies.