Presbyterian Blend. I can't say enough good about this stuff!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

downr4nge

Lurker
May 22, 2016
I'm a new pipe tobacco smoker. I started out with Admiral's Choice Cherry Cevandisj and then moved on to Captain Black's Gold, and then to Cult Blood Red Moon, and C&D's Autumn Evening. I was enjoying my aromatics quite a bit. Then I tried Dunhill My Mixture 965 and LOVED it.
I instantly became a Latakia fan. I started ordering a bunch of English blends. So far I have Frog Morton's On the Bayou, On the Town, and Cellar. I also have Seattle Pipe Club's Mississippi River, Dunhill Nightcap, Durbar, Peterson's 3p Perfect Plug, and Irish Oak.
However, the stand out for me has been Presbyterian Mixture. This stuff is just great. The flavor, the Latakia,the room note, I love it all! In fact, I ordered a new Savinelli pipe from SP (Roma Lucite, Matches860's Friday Savinelli) and I'm going to break it in with Presbyterian.
I know I'm new to this and there will probably be more blends that I like as much, I have to say this is my favorite and I'm gonna order a bunch of tins and Cellar them.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Presbyterian is good stuff! :puffy:
Here are a few more you might like to try:
H&H White Knight

H&H Drawing Room

LJ Peretti Tashkent

Rattray Red Rapparee

Dec 28, 2015
Love Prebyterian myself. Sounds like you are throughly enjoying your pipe smoking journey which is the whole point. If you are liking Lat blends I would definitely recommend smokers haven Exotique.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
One of my favorites (and NOT -- well not ONLY -- becuase I'm en elder in the PCA).
To the recos above, let me add Squadron Leader. If you like Pres Blend, you may love SL. Many consider it sort of a standard for full English blends. Plus, you look terribly dashing while smoking it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Haven't tried it myself but there's some reason it's been around for so many years.

sailortodd

Might Stick Around
Nov 2, 2011
I'm glad I came across this post. Now I have a new blend to try. I'm a big English fan, with Squadron Leader coming in as my current go-to. tslex comparison has me convinced.

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
I opened a tin recently and it's certainly good stuff.

Peterson Balkan Delight is worth trying if you enjoy this genre.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Another PCA bubba here. I hope the GA outcome is positive!
I've got some of this cellared, but actually have never smoked it.
I'm currently going through 2 oz of the MATCH Presbyterian that P&C offers. The MATCH is a great blend; however, I can't compare to the original discussed here.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Rev. 'squatch, that's great news. Got a call yet? What sort of ministry are you headed for?
Beezer, I have been getting reports from several folks at GA and I'm pleased with much I'm hearing. I think at last and finally they've said/are doing the right thing about our denomination's racial history. No equivocation, and fully embracing what the Gospel can do.

gmjabsky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2015
...terribly dashing while smoking it.

That must be why I like it! A step up from my usual "reasonably dashing" look with other tobacco. I must give Presbyterian a try. My

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
A very fine blend. If you like it now try a tin with 4/5 years on it, luxurious. A slightly stronger & better (IMO) blend is exmoor mixture by gawith hoggarth's. If your in the states, I believe it's sold as no. 25 mixture. A very unsung blend, Squadron leader & skiff mixture pale in comparison.

reverendsasquatch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
Lancaster PA
tslex-no calling yet, but my internship is in it's second year, full time paid internship for a mission church (now particularlized), so it could easily turn into a call. We'll see. I'd be happy serving as an assistant/associate at the church I'm working with now for the foreseeable future. I've enjoyed working for a church plant. The PCA church I came from was larger (1100+ members) so I'm really enjoying serving in a congregation of 160-170 people.

eagleron

Lurker
Jun 20, 2016
Louisiana
I am new to smoking a pipe also and have a MM Legend and some PA. I was going to get a briar pipe (cheap) and a couple of the tobaccos that are on this list. But do to some unforeseen circumstances I had to get another cob and got some Carter Hall for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.