PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

theediabeticman

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2014
I just received an email that the law was voted on and passed; to exclude premium cigars and a 2007 Blended by date from whatever the FDA regulations end up being. My boss says he still is unclear of what the implications of the pipe tobacco industry will be, but that this is a victory for the tobacco industry.

crusader

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Nebraska
I've been following this forever, and this is a huge win wor tobacco lovers as it could of really crippled the industry.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Score one for the geezers and their apprentices. No raids on the little old guys (me, etc.) puffing their pipes. Just put away the dice when the law shows up.

rfernand

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2015
Ah, so many great new cigars saved! Davidoff Nicaragua, Davidoff Puro D'Oro, Punch Signature, Inca, ...
* puff, puff *

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
The pipe tobacco industry is going to take it up the ass, they have no lobbyists buying politicians. The cigar industry buys politicians with a strong lobby. Just watch what happens to pipe tobacco.
Here in Florida is the perfect example, pipe tobacco has an 85% wholesale tax, cigars have no tax, zero, nada. The republicans did this. Cigar people paid off the scumbag politicians, or they had pictures of them screwing sheep.

theediabeticman

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2014
To your point cigrmaster: I have been told that the lobbyists brought up nothing to do with pipe tobacco. I have asked if the FDA shared their intentions with pipe tobacco, and a looming flavor ban seems to be a legitimate threat. As we know many natural sugars are used to case even our "non-flavored" blends. If they deem that a casing used to preserve the tobacco that uses a sugar product is indeed a "flavoring" we are completely screwed.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
theediabeticman, if what you say does happen, I think it will be the end of the pipe tobacco business in America. People will have to buy their tobacco from other sources. If that happens prices will go through the roof. I wonder how many companies can survive losing the American market?
A premium cigar is anything hand rolled.

theediabeticman

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2014
I called all the congressmen from my state who co-sponsored the cigar bill HR662 to bring up Pipe Tobacco. One of the assistants who answered the phone actually was a pipe smoker and had been to Uhles...hopefully something good happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.