PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I have no idea and am not aware as to how the member status thing works? Mine says I'm a senior member and I don't even turn 40 until December. I imagine it has to do with when you joined and/or how active you are on the forum, but I have no idea?

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
The special member status memes are dolled out by the great one for various acts . Washing his car , shining his shoes ,ironing his neckties ,polishing silverware , all time classic posts etc etc etc . Or by simply begging . I think this is what you are asking .If not ravkesef has hit the nail on the head .

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
No I mean like...The captain of the black frigate...Duane???? Let me in on the secret...I wanna be cool like you!

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
mothernature, you need 10 more posts to be a preferred member. If I remember correctly, it is one year on the forum and 500 posts.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
If I be tellin' ye, Davy Jones'll come and take away me stash 'o baccy! :mrgreen:

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

If I remember correctly, it is one year on the forum and 500 posts.
Thanks for the info winton. I'll let you guys know what I'm smoking and what I'm smoking it in over the next couple days and that should get me there.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
The special member status memes are dolled out by the great one for various acts . Washing his car , shining his shoes ,ironing his neckties ,polishing silverware , all time classic posts etc etc etc . Or by simply begging.
I'm still not convinced.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
forum-titles.jpg

I think special statuses are given to well known, contributing and persuasive members. For example, chasingembers will convince you to smoke Black Frigate :) I just wonder why Deathmetal didn't get Royal Yacht Captain or something similar.

Reactions: Dallas Wynn

aeropuffer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2016
I thought he was like the Clinton Foun, only you had to send him 2 Dunhill pipes.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
One should not wish for "special status", Space Cadet. In the oilfield, for instance, people are often given unflattering nicknames. "Wingnut" for big ears, "Tiny" for being over 6 feet and 300 pounds, etc. A person might want to be known as "rocket man", but end up with "Fruit Loops".

Status
Not open for further replies.