PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Made my usual visit to the B&M today and got a bit carried away in the C&D department. Picked up 2 tins of Chestnuts Roasting (which, by the way, is very nice and not cloyingly sweet), Billy Budd, Herman's Own, Two Friends Valle Cruces, Bridge Mixture, USS Mason and Pease's Sextant (which also gets my seal of approval). And to top things off, my free tin of Blend #5, from Sutliffe, was in the mail box when I got home. Now let the games begin.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
So you smoked the christmas blend? what is your review? it got a terrible review in an earlier thread.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
The Roasting Chestnuts actually reminds me of McC's holiday blend. Slightly sweet with the latakia in the background. More on the nutty side. I tried the Peterson holiday blend last year and it almost gave me a toothache. I tend toward lat blends as a rule so this is a nice departure for me. I'll save the second tin fpr next year and see what a bit of age brings to the blend.

bubblehead33

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 17, 2012
Canada
thats quite a haul pipeguy! i really like the Sutliffe No. 5 but really didnt care for Billy Bud but thats just my opinion. happy smoking!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Captain, the Valle Cruces is an unusual blend in that it has Va, Oriental, latakia, cavendish, perique and a note of ginger. It's not an everyday smke for me but a weird change of pace. The ginger is not overbearing but you get the idea that there is something spicy going on.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
See I thought the Christmas blend was horrible and doesn't taste anything like the mccellends holiday blend. I really liked the Peterson holiday blend

Status
Not open for further replies.