PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I've been a member of this community, though not as active lately. I'm sure many new members have come onboard this great place whom I have not had the pleasure of getting to know yet. I hate that my first post in quite some time is a negative one but I have always found this forum to have some of the most supportive members of any that I have ever had the pleasure of participating on.
My 5 year old daughter has had some ongoing issues with her balance and walking that several weeks ago took a rapid turn for the worst. After some additional consultation with doctors they suggested it was time to do an MRI to look for possible causes for the sudden change. Thursday morning, my wife and I took her in for the exam and were completely caught off guard when we were sent directly to the emergency room of the children's hospital.
They discovered she has a large tumor in the cerebellum. Needless to say we are still in shock and overwhelmed with possibilities of what lies ahead. She is scheduled for surgery Monday morning for a procedure they predict will last 8 to 10 hours to complete. Not until the tumor has been removed will we fully know the scope of what this is and what her prognosis will look like. Fortunately she is comfortable in the mean time and our friends and local church and school community have been very supportive. However, you can never have enough prayers and positive thoughts in a situation like this.
Again, I apologize to come back here on a down note and I hope to post more in the near future. If you would please, keep my girl in your thoughts and prayers. For those of you who do the social media thing, my wife and I set up a page at Facebook.com/prayers4kiara to keep everyone updated.
Thank you all in advance. When all this is finally over I can't wait to sit down and enjoy a good drink and pipe full!

K

klause

I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, Mike.
I wish you all well.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Praying for a full and complete recovery for your daughter. Praying for you and your wife and family. Least I can do for a Brother.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
As a parent I know how hard it is when one of your children is not well. I will keep you and your loved ones in my thoughts and wish you all a very positive outcome.
When it is done I will enjoy a pipe and drink for you as well. :)

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Devastating. While I don't actually pray, per se, I will be thinking of you all tomorrow morning with hope and love in my heart.

phil22

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 19, 2013
Mike, my family will be praying for your and especially for Kiara.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Mike - I'm so sorry to hear your news. Thank you for thinking enough of us to share your concerns and pain. Alone we are strong, but together we become a powerful force that can not only endure but can also drive change. I"m not a very spiritual person but I will pray for you all and trust that God will listen, if only for the rarity value! You are in my thoughts and I hope to hear good news soon.
Andy

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Mike, I hope all goes well for your daughter and your family (and you) in this difficult time. May better days be ahead.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
That is terribly heartbreaking. As a nurse, I've helped care for families like yours, but as a parent it makes my stomach hurt.
I will pray for you and your family. Thankfully, we live in a time where medicine has advanced greatly. God's grace and healing to your little girl.
Chris

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Mike, I'll definitely add your little girl and family to my prayers. The good news is the treatments available today are unbelievably effective. We're fortunate to live in an age where such care is available at facilities all over the world. Keep us posted!

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Three words should never go together, Pediatric, Oncology, & Neurosurgent. We met this combo with my daughter about 10 years ago, but the problem simply went away. It was a very scary time. I will be praying.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
My prayers will be daily, Mike. I do pray that God will guide the surgeon's hands and that your daughter will be healed.
God Bless,

Steve

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Mike,
I'll be thinking & praying for your daughter beginning now. Young children can be quite resilient; May that be the case with your daughter and your family. Good luck come Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.