PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
If I may I'd like for two of my closest family members to be in your prayers this evening please. Two weeks ago on a Saturday my Step Father who is 84 years old fell down and suffered a broken hip in two locations. The surgery went well but after that he came down with pneumonia and is now on a respirator keeping him breathing. He has went into what they call Code Blue two times. He health has declined so much and we're not expecting him to make it back home. He does not know anyone now. Next step for him will be a feeding tube.
After his fall three days later my Mother who is 74 suffered a stroke but has gained use of her right hand back. It's her right foot and leg we are worried about now. She speaks and mentally she is her old self thank God. She is going through rehab now. It has been a very trying and tiring two weeks for everyone. We have been staying at their home these past few weeks taking care of things as needed because they live closer to the hospital than we do. Right now we are back home.
Thanks everyone and God Bless.

appointed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2013
I just bowed my head and prayed for you and your family. I will continue to pray for you, your step-father, mother and the rest of your family. Lord be with you and God bless.

lumberjakpipester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2012
All my spare mojo shall be sent your way my friend, hope everything turns out for the best in this difficult situation. I do think that the chances of your mother to regain the use of her leg are pretty good, as for your father in law, I hope he will recover ASAP.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I certainly will durham270. I hope for the best for your family. Please give us an update when you can.

deleon

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 7, 2011
Texas
@durham270 I will say a prayer for your family, hang in there and be strong brother!

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
My mother right now has the most difficult moments facing her. We found out this morning when my step dad went into code blue his heart stopped beating and was actually dead for 10 minutes before they brought him back. He has lost all brain function and will never recover neurological functions. She did tell the doctors to go ahead and remove the respirator, etc. They have a living will and all this was decided years ago. Only time will tell now. He could go today or months from now.
Thanks everyone for the prayers and kind words. They mean so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.