PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
I commissioned 2 pipes from Ryan Alden this year. They have quickly gone to the top of my rotation and are among my most favorite pipes. They are wonderful smokers with wide open draws and perfect ergonomics. They fit great in the hand.

alden-commissions-4-600x450.jpg

I have smoked each of them 20 times now. The Bing panel mostly with Balkans like Magnum Opus and the Morta bulldog mostly with dark blends like Black Frigate and Stimulus Package. Thanks, Ryan.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
More reason to hit Ryan up for a new pipe. Have you got any side pics of that bulldog? Both gorgeous pieces BTW.

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
Those are some gorgeous pipes. I particularly like the bulldog. Thanks for sharing!

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
A young man in this Forum who is a good man, well respected asked my advice on maker of pipes who was in the market when he went to the NEW ORLEANS show, several top makers were thrown at me. Ryan was not in the mix. I told that young man You can't get any better than Ryan/ AKA Lonestar, that's my firm belief. I believe he got a commission from him and is now a believer. For a Texacan he ain't Bad. :puffy:

May 4, 2015
In a world where artisan pipes are a-plenty, it's nice to buy one from someone you know has a good reputation for quality, and is an overall great guy. I can vouch for the latter, as I've met Ryan and had a great conversation with him. I look forward to meeting one of his pipes soon. Saving my duckets as we speak.

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
I've got two commissions from Ryan and they are by far my favourite pipes; in fact, I've got a third one in the works! His lines and proportions are always spot on and the mechanics are flawless. He's a great guy to work with too. My last two commissions have started with a handful of images of pipes in the neighbourhood of what I'm looking for accompanied by a sketch or two. He provides some seasoned feedback and pulls everything together in to a beautiful cohesive piece.
It's definitely becoming an annual tradition - working through the details together with him and looking forward to the final piece helps get me through the cold Saskatchewan winters.

Status
Not open for further replies.