PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Don't think Iwan Ries is one of the forum sponsers, but just had to brag on them a little bit. Ordered an 8OZ bag of Esoterica's And So To Bed, and when the order arrived, I only received a 2OZ can for the 8OZ price! 8O Suffice it to say, I was quite vexed. I called them, and they said they would send me an 8OZ bag on top of the tin I received! That is excellent customer service! :mrgreen:

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
IRC does what it does very well. I've used their services for many years. A company doesn't last 100 years without paying attention to details. That said, most, if not all, of the site sponsors measure up quite well to IRC's standards.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Iwan Ries is listed among the site sponsors along with Savinelli, a link that takes you to an IRC web page.
As an aside, I walked into their store several years ago, unshaven and dressed like a total bum -- really out of place

in downtown Chicago. It made no difference: they treated me like a prince; addressed me as "Sir"; polished the pipe

I was chewing on; an led me to their samples bar to help myself. I was taken with the way they respected my

opinions (I dislike the 3-Star product line), and they actually worked at trying to find a blend that would suit my tastes.

It was first class all the way.

boilermakerandy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
I bought a couple of pipes from them for my son and I a month or so ago. Their service is outstanding, I initially ordered one pipe and then called them to add a pipe for my son and they were incredibly gracious and helpful even calling me back to let me know everything was squared away. I will definitely be a return customer.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've been dealing with Iwan Ries (prounounced Ivan Reese, by the way) for years. I have always enjoyed doing business with them.

I have noticed that they seem to keep prices at the level they were when they bought the pipe for inventory rather just raising them

with the market. They have some pipes you can't get elsewhere. They've been around since 1857 so are one of, or the, oldest

pipe shop in the U.S. Like anywhere else, they occasionally make an error, but I find them right up there with the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.