PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beewrangler2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2012
Any other Garrison Keillor fans in the crowd? Nice show to sit, listen and smoke a bowl to on a cold winters night or a quiet sunday morning. I have always envisioned Guy Noir as an avid pipe smoker.

slowpuffer

Might Stick Around
Apr 9, 2012
I grew up in a Lutheran household, so you better believe I'm a Garrison Keillor fan. Lake Wobegon is a fantastic book. I love his wholesome, Midwestern sense of humor. When I listen to the show I feel like I am escaping to a simpler world where things move just a little bit slower and man is just a little more concerned about the welfare of others.

beewrangler2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2012
On my bucket list to take in a show at the Fitzgerald. Take the train into Chicago, visit Iwan Ries and then take the Empire builder on into Minneapolis to see him live.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
I am a huge fan! I have flown to the Twin Cities several times to spend the weekend and see his show. In recent years he has come to our area twice and that was especially nice to only have to travel a few minutes to see his show. If you have not seen his movie, you can get it from Amazon.com at this location:
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=garrison+keillor+dvd&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=5664011429&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=255850086935314818&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_1ig5uo3rtm_b
I have a friend whose daughter was his personal assistant for many years. When she left due to a move necessitated by her husbands Military career, Garrison gave her a $20,000 bonus as a parting gift!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

beewrangler2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2012
I get the show podcasts...kinda fun drifting off to sleep listening to "Its been a quiet week in Lake Wobegon, my hometown out on the edge of the prairie.... " I have most all of the mp3 episodes since they have been putting them in that format on this computer and on kmy droid. Still in pursuit of the fictional Side Track Tap.....

danno

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2011
Have enjoyed it since I was a young fellow. Great stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.