PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
I was wondering Kevin you had said in a previous thread:
There have been some suggestions lately for having official PipesMagazine.com stuff, like a tobacco blend and a pipe of the year. While this is somewhat flattering, it is not in our plans to do so at this time.
I've heard that other forums have a pipe of the year. I know that pipe clubs have their own tobacco blends. I'm sure we could arrange to have these things done.
Does this mean that we can form, unless one is already formed, a pipe club here on pipesmagazine.com and make a POY that has the name of that club on it but NOT have pipesmagazine.com written on it anywhere? Then when people ask we can say it is a club that was started on PM.com but is not affiliated with it in anyway then rant about how great the website is and all that good stuff :). Just an idea as I would love to have a POY but I understand if this still goes against your wishes. Just brainstorming. I also don't want to start any kind of drama, I think the long time members know what I am talking about (it was before I was a member I believe), so please feel free to delete this if necessary. I just was wondering the groups thoughts on a pipe club POY.

surfmac211

Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I think thats kinda loopholing. But technically as long as you don't have the PM name on it without permission from Kevin you can do so. I just don't know how you will set up a club on here seeing that this is already somewhat a club as is.

docgarr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2010
You could join the North American Society of Pipe Collectors (NASPC). It is relatively inexpensive--$17 a year and you get a quarterly journal ("The Pipe Collector"). They have a POY every year. This year it is a pipe by Rich Lewis. To see it and get more information about NASPC, go to http://www.naspc.org/.
The idea of a virtual pipe club with formal membership is a good one. Not everyone has a pipe club near them.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
I don't want it to seem like a loop hole I just would like to have a POY with you guys from this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.