PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
There recently was a thread about favorite beverages to go with your pipe but this one came as a complete surprise. I was smoking a pipe of 2013 Christmas Cheer and just happened to have a bottle of Lemon Lime flavored Powerade. I figured it was already open and I was already drinking on it, so what's the point in changing what I was drinking? Wow lol! I kid you not, that Christmas Cheer never tasted so sweet. It was almost like candy :) Now I may or may not do this again because well, it just doesn't seem right having Powerade with a pipe. But I'm definitely not going to write it off completely lol.

ocpsdan

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
Michigan
I'm a sucker for blue Powerade. I'll have to give it a whirl when smoking a pipe. And you raise the point of expanding the drink horizons to find new combinations. Who knows what wild unthought-of combinations are out there?

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
About a year ago I switched from sweet tea to orange flavored Gatorade (I drink about 8 glasses of the stuff daily during the summer). I really have come to enjoy it with a pipe. I get my teeth cleaned every six months and my dentist could tell a huge difference. According to her, tea stains teeth worse than anything, including coffee and my pipe smoking.
I still sneak a glass of sweet tea once in awhile. I just can't seem to help myself. :(
Pipestud

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
I've had both Gatorade and Koolaid with a pipe and have enjoyed both. Something about a sweet cold beverage goes great in the summer with a pipe.

Jan 8, 2013
Powerade tends to be semi-sweet and perhaps even a little on the tart side. I'm guessing it helped bring out the sweetness in the tobacco. I'm about to try it again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.