PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 23, 2014
New to the forum here but have smoked pipes for many years.

I recently tried my hand on EBay and picked up a nice looking Poul Winslow, half smooth, half rustic. I got it very reasonable but have a question on the grading? It must be at the lower end, its marked hand made in Denmark, Crown 100.

I cant seem to find any info on the 100 line. Just the Vikings, 200, 300 and higher grades.

Any help on the 100's would be appreciated.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
From the pipedia entry on Winslow,
THE CROWN PIPES
"The original WINSLÖW-pipes are of course rather expensive, but Poul also wanted to have some cheaper pipes to offer to his customers. So, some years ago, he started to make a series called CROWN. He absolutely states that these pipes are no seconds to the original WINSLÖW-pipes. They are just made from a cheaper piece of briar and have an ordinary mouth-piece, not a hand-cut one. From personal experience I can affirm that also the CROWN-pipes are of a very good quality."

moonman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 23, 2014
Thank you, I am very pleased with the appearance. Was just hoping that it smoked well. Thank you.

peter70

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2013
Nearly all Winslow pipes are made by his workers. Poul himself does mostly finishes on the normal Winslow pipes and shapes a few from the Private Collection line, which retails for $1000+, when he is not on tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.