PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

petersonson

Might Stick Around
Mar 28, 2013
Cleveland, TN
I've got drafts for about 6 new posts, and I can't seem to pull the trigger on them. Anyone else sit down to make a new Topic, write it out and then right before posting it, deleting everything and going on to something else?
It seems every time I write something, I think better of it and delete it. It took me speed writing this and not giving me time to think about it to post this one.

Jan 8, 2013
I say if it's relevant to you it may very well be relevant to others. Don't be afraid to post. And don't be discouraged if your post only gets a few replies.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Follow the advice of trailboss. After reading and following the past sage posts of Starcat I've become immune to pulling the trigger and posting utterly and useless tid-bits of nonsensical shit. Hey... everyone has to take a dump every so often as it's necessary for ones health and well being. :puffy:

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I've deleted many and changed many more before posting.Sometimes a statement can be taken in a way that you didn't mean it to be taken. My number rule is..Try not no offend folks.

owen

Part of the Furniture Now
May 28, 2014
I have never read an uninteresting thread, and even after only a few months already smile when a new thread is started with a title like:

Dunhill whats all the fuss about?

Whats the best pipe?

How do I store....?

Which way up should I store my pipe?
The threads are not as important as the replies which are always an education for a learner like myself. So please keep them coming.

Owen

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I delete about half my post before hitting the "send" the button, particularly the ones that reveal an opinion. I realize nobody wants to hear about the cabin in Montana I'm going to build before writing my manifesto.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
I'm a speed poster. Bad grammer, spelling and all. Think to much and it isn't your original opinion anymore. Grammer... get it?

Most of the time I will delete a post if I find that I am responding to the "tone" of another poster or the politics (People who try to use an inert post as some sort of proof of their doom and gloom politics). I usually don't realize that this is what I am responding to until I have written it out, and I delete it because I realize that it will drag me into the mud with the pigs. Better to just leave it alone at that point and either rewrite the post or move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.