Postal coordinated TAD, My Trip to Paul's Pipe Shop, Queen bees, and taxes.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beewrangler2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2012
100_0342.jpg

I think all things postal converged on my address today. Started the day off with a trip to Pauls pipe shop in Flint, MI. Wanted to get a couple of stems replaced, buy a cayuga pipe, get my members card and just take in the general ambience of a pipe shop that has been in business for 80+ years. What an overwhelming experience, (sorry no pics of the shop) pipes from wall to wall and the smell of everything that is good in life. Paul's also sells Lottery tickets, and it was interesting to see non pipe and pipe people as well, come in off the street to get their numbers and buy a little something. I ended up buying a cuyuga free hand and a couple of house blends. Along with my pipe as Uber has explained you get a membership card for basically a free blend of the month ounce and in your birthday month you get 20% off any pipe, and your 13th cayuga is free.(and I will be going back once a month)
Arrived home to find that the post office had delivered my orders from 4Noggins, Cup O Joes and JR Cigar (Can't pass on $5 shipping). Got some additional favored blends for the cellar and a few that I would like to revisit or give a new shot to.
Along with my TAD delivery was a note, that said there were 60 queen honeybees, waiting at the post office for me to pick up ASAP. So I guess the rest of my evening will be consumed by making 60 starter hives for sale to other beekeepers.
And as far as taxes, you can see where my refund has been going. Some of the bitter sweetness of being a single household pipe smoker.

frennchy11

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 28, 2011
You have more baccy in that picture than I have in my whole "cellar." 8O Im jealous!

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
You have more baccy in that picture than I have in my whole "cellar."
Same here!
Five dollar shipping sounds nice. I am only an hour and a half from Flint so I really want to get down to Paul's sometime soon and see what they have. All I hear a good things about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.