*** Post your Frankenblends *** (November 2015)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

2 Fresh Former Pipes
36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
36 Fresh Ropp Pipes
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
24 Fresh Rossi Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
For me today, it's a mixture of Mac Baren Modern Virginia, about 30% chopped Black Twist XX and Brown No. 4, rubbed-out Late Night and a small amount of University Flake.
I liked the quality of the Mac Baren mixture but the topping was too strong and the strength too weak, so I mixed it with some favorites to complement its existing flavors and enhance them. The result is not only tasty but visually appealing.

moses

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
I've got about an ounce left of some Pub Crawl Blend that I made two-ish years ago. If I recall correctly, it is Three Blind Moose, 1-Q, Carter Hall, Drama Reserve, Frog Morton, and McClelland Perique. Possibly a bit of Orient 996 in there as well. It turned out pretty good, considering this was the first "custom" blend I'd attempted. I still pick it up when i want a confused light crossover aromatic. 8)

sw0snuff3r

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2014
I like to mix up something strong for quick breaks at work. It also gives me an opportunity to use up the ends of some tins I have been smoking. Right now it's approximately 50% G&H Brown Irish X, 30% Newminster Superior Navy Flake I got as a sample, and 20% 1792 Flake. It does the job!

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
In my Toaster Leavin's I currently have.... Villiger 1888 Late Night, Admiral's Choice Vanilla Cavendish, Ole Shenandoah No. 76 & Bootlegged, Bjarne Viking Erik the Red, Sutliff Golden Age, S.P.S. Breckinridge, H&H Hall of Fame, H&H Latham Circle, Out of Office Gone Fishin', half of a cigar from Ybor City, and small part of another cigar Java - By Drew Estate. ....The taste is always different, I've had good smokes, and bad smokes from it...but part of the fun.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
So I was drinking some Black Seal rum tonight, and I decided to smoke a little CD Black Frigate. But I thought it might be fun to try something different with it. (sorry chasingembers). So I mixed it 50/50 with Two Friends English Chocolate, and well, wow, what a fun experience it was. I figured these two would go together well just by the tin note from each. I really enjoyed the combination of these two great tobaccos. Maybe it was just the rum, but seriously, this was very tasty! I'll have to try it again when I'm more sober... :mrgreen:

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I'll have to try it again when I'm more sober... [:mrgreen:]
That right there is the quote of the day for Frankenblends - lol. Been there, done that.

rfernand

Oct 2, 2015
Prince Albert (2/3) + Frog Morton (1/3). Mix well.
Don't think about it. Just try it. I can only guarantee you won't hate it.

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
I have to try Prince Albert anyways....might give that a go if I get some r.

michaelmirza

Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
I mixed a house Balkan blend from a local shop with some "Very Chery" by Lane. I've heard that mixing latakia with fruity aromatics is a no-no but I really like it! Lowered the sweetness and gave a lot of smoky body.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Right now it's approximately 50% G&H Brown Irish X, 30% Newminster Superior Navy Flake I got as a sample, and 20% 1792 Flake.
This sounds very tasty. Sweetness balanced with dark and brown tobaccos.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
50% Larrys Blend and 50% Old Joe Krantz: put it in a baggie and place it under the couch leg for about Five hours- I call it Joe, Larry, and Burley.

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
I've heard that mixing latakia with fruity aromatics is a no-no but I really like it! Lowered the sweetness and gave a lot of smoky body.
It's all a matter of taste. I can see it working as Latakia almost has a bitterness at times to me. While I despise cherry tobacco....the sweetness may go just right to balance out in the right proportion. More power to you if you enjoy it!

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
Most recently, 75% EGR 25% Nightcap. Previously, 90% RY 10% Bennington 40. The only tinned blend I never feel any desire to mess with is Escudo aka DNR.

Status
Not open for further replies.