PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
Who's reaching for what tin in and what pipe after stuffing your face in the American Tradition?
I'm not sure yet! Of my existing collection I'm thinking Irish Oak in my Paulson Canadian/pot hybrid.
But tomorrow I've got 8oz of Haunted Bookstore and 2 tins of Sixpence coming in so who knows?!?!?!

eightywon

Apr 4, 2014
Haven't thought that far yet, but I know the first bowl I'm firing up after I toss the bird in the smoker is going to be '12 Xmas cheer.

saint007

Dec 22, 2013
I'll stuff and puff a bowl of either Pelican or Black House. My favs after eating steak.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
I have a new (well, old but...) Sasieni Perth that smokes like a champ, so I would say that paired with Peretti Royal. Turkey and Turkish, seems like a fit.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I don't know for certain but I just opened a tin of C&D Brigadier from 2000. The old clam shell tins with a vacuum sealed bag keeping the tobacco fresh. I have had this since 2000 when it was a raffle prize in the NASPC raffle. I put it in an old empty McClelland tin. I smoked some this in a large Parker Earl bent on the way to work. This stuff was pretty darned good! If it lasts, maybe that. Call me crazy but a nice crossover with flavoring and latakia is pretty good. The 14 yrs of tin age seems to have been kind to it. But, it's too early to tell. Maybe I'll pop a tin of 1995 Blackwoods Flake I've been eye balling in the cellar. Either way, Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday for sure.
Mike S.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
McBarens H&H Highland blend, I copied the description so I could do it justice.Fully matured Virginias, Ready Rubbed Burleys, Latakia and a touch of Fire-cured Cavendish is the recipe. We added one of the world's finest 30 year old Scotch whiskies, Glenfarclas. The natural flavors from the tobacco and the delightful taste of the Scotch marry perfectly, so when smoked you experience the mellow taste and subtle smoky note of the tobaccos combined with the overtone of a fine scotch.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Mc it comes with Scotch in it already, in the tin, great smoke got about 3 lbs of it, tins and bulk.to clarify Mc I copied McBarens description of their product and it may have seemed that I added the scotch, not so, sorry for a lame Cajun explanation.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I'll be smoking with my generous Father in Law. He will be smoking the Ben Wade 600 and probably an Aro such as Nording Labrador. I will be smoking my Dunhill Poker and having a bowl of McClellands Navy Cavendish.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Since I nearly always have family over for Thanksgiving, it'll be an aromatic. Probably McClelland Holiday Spirit followed by Savinelli Cavendish or maybe Wilke Rumcake. Of course, at some point I'll smoke a bowl of Peretti's Thanksgiving Day. Later that evening I'll probably light up a bowl of Fillmore to balance myself back out.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I was recently gifted this GBD Churchwarden. I spiffed it up a bit and decided to save it for my Thanksgiving Day smoke, with some MM965. I hope everyone on the PM forum has a great holiday and smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.