PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
Just like the title says. I always find it interesting to see what other people keep on their desktops and what their wallpaper is. Also, you can use it as an excuse to clean up all your icons.
Desktop_SS_442012.jpg

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Mine is a continually changing set of images from the movie Avatar.

And, I'm currently using/donating processing time to SETI@home as a screen saver.
Edit: The screen saver will not "screen shot" but here are a couple of examples of my desktop.

Desktop2.png

Desktop.png

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Avatar was a great movie. Makes you want to buy a Blu-Ray system just so you can have that movie.
That's a newer 911 Carrera, isn't Jason?
Here's mine:
AQQpR.jpg

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
My background changes. Currently there are six or eight pictures of smoke.

desktop.jpg

Sometimes I change the theme. My notepad doesn't have anything special.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
It's a fantastic subject (SETI).
I'm of the opinion that if we encounter extra-terrestrial intelligent life, it'll be because it was initiated by that intelligent life. I just can't imagine that we'll be sneaking up on them with any of our gadgets.
My best guess, is that intelligent aliens have such a different perception of the universe, that our technology won't even recognize their technology.
It's a worthwhile project, for the sake of any new discoveries that are made while doing it.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) is a scientific area whose goal is to detect intelligent life outside Earth.
Some of us are still trying to detect any on the Earth.
I sometimes think it would be easier to find it elsewhere myself, especially when it comes to what you find in Washington, DC!

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
F 18 super hornet jolly rodger. My step dad buys and sells super hornets to other countries, my grandpa was in the air force....im a plane guy
e63a7d94.jpg

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Sorry mine is XXX rated and the wife wouldn't want to show her body off to just any one with out getting paid or my permission, mostly the paid part, so I don't have a shot of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.