Status
Not open for further replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Post #1000 – October 15, 2013
8 months, and 9 days since I registered here at pipesmagazine.com/forums

I thought I’d use this post to document my journey as a pipeman since joining this site (read, “Dump ALL responsibility for my PAD/TAD and EPARD on you all!”), so here is a quick inventory of piping milestones I’ve hit since connecting with each of you:
- Built my “Pipe Cave” for cleaning and restoration work

- Restored over 50 estate pipes

- Purchased and re-sold 25+ NOS Trypis pipes

- Built up a Virginias rotation of 7 wonderful billiard/pot/dublins

- Built up a Latakia Blend/Balkan Blend/Oriental rotation of 10 wonderful eggs/cuttys/apples/authors

- Commissioned my first pipe from an independent pipe carver

- Smoked my first commissioned pipe!

- Sold estate pipes online (RIP BriarBid)

- Joined a local Pipe Club

- Hosted a Piper’s Burner and Swap Meet

- Bought and smoked my first Meer

- Fell in love with vintage made in Canada pipes; Trypis, Brigham, Blatter & Blatter, Calich…

- Traded for a birth-year Dunhill

- Joined NASPC and started reading “The Pipe Collector”

- Read Rick Newcombe’s book “In Search of Pipe Dreams”

- Listened to _all_ of the pipesmagazine.com radio shows via podcast
Thanks to all of you for your advice, opinions, insights, stories, jokes and pictures. I look forward another 1000 posts worth.
-- Pat

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Thanks gang. The community here has really helped me engage, and kept me interested, motivated and learning!
Congrats on your milestone. I'm sure Cortez will post the appropriate commemorative Pipes Magazine Forum gift.
I'm holding out for the beanie...
I never saw your Dunhill, what did you get?
Practically untouched Group 1 Shell Briar. The small group size is PERFECT for a short smoke, or a small bowl on Club Night.

-- Pat

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Congratulations Pat those are some awesome milestones. Some pipers are a lifetime achieving some of those. I always look forward to reading your posts and following your journey. As much as we have aided and embedded your PAD/TAD my friend, you have done your share of enabling too lol.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
So ghost does this mean you won't be taking part in our PAD/TAD 12 step meetings? :wink:

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Thanks gang. I'll have an update to a couple resto threads in the next couple days. I did some clean-up work on the pipe I inherited from my grandmother, and I am cutting my first button onto a stem that's been chewed through. Wish me luck on that one.
Anthony, I've not mentioned this to date but that is one awesome goblin tickler you're wielding in your Avatar. Your paper boy must live in fear on collection day.
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.