PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcanderson

Might Stick Around
Jul 12, 2017
Aiea, Hawaii
I seem to be suffering from a case of Pipe Acquisition Disorder already. I started smoking a pipe the first of the month with corn cob pipes, which I ordered three bags of seconds from Missouri Meerschaum. I also purchased two basket briars from a local pipe shop which I did not care for the quality of at all.
Last week I purchased 3 estate pipes online which I love. They were a Dunhill Ruby Bark Oom Paul (lightly smoked), a Chacom Robusto (unsmoked), and a no-name Bent Billiard pipe made in England (unsmoked).
This week it seems as though I have done it again as I have a Peterson System Ebony 306 Fishtail, a Savinelli Roma 620 and a Savinelli Roma 614 in the mail to me. Last night I seem to have ordered a Savinelli Black Rusticated 601 Churchwarden and a Savinelli Duo Rusticated 305 now.
I think I may need professional help.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Professional help is the best way to figure out how to re-decorate your room to show off all those new pipes.

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
And it begins ....its only a disorder if you can't afford it or you keep them piled in boxes

alexnc

Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
It strikes when you least suspect it. I was feeling 'over it' - had not bought a pipe this year, but somehow acquired 3 this month.

rcanderson

Might Stick Around
Jul 12, 2017
Aiea, Hawaii
Well, my "financial advisor" doesn't know about any of them yet since the basket briars, that may be why I am still alive because I put them all on her credit card, lol.

alexnc

Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
So - I was lamenting over dinner that I had just bought another pipe, had not even received it yet in fact, when a special pipe I was really wanting popped into view. My wife just said, "so get it, why do you work hard? So you can't even have something you really want?" So #3 got here last week. I'll post my "July PAD" after I a take a few pics.

alan73

Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
Alexnc....good wife.....my wife was like that too for the first 20 or so deliveries then not so much :crazy:

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Time for you to reconsider your spending habits. Give an equal amount that you spend on pipes, to a great charity like Feed The Children as 20k people die of starvation each day. Round things out a little with the precious money you have, just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.