Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
When I'm not smoking Royal Yacht -- rarely -- I tend toward other naturals, such as Vince Manil's Semois. Delicious. A sweet Burley, served dry, that smokes hot but well for all-day enjoyment. When a certain pipe vendor put this on sale, brothers, I fell prey to the offerings. True, it was only about 20% off, but when the Semois monkey is on your back, any sale is an excuse to over-indulge.
I have no regrets.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Delicious, isn't it? The missing link between Virginias and Burleys. Challenging, but worth it!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Both the thick and medium cut are among my top choices. Smells like a stable in the package, smokes like a dream. If you like burley, that is.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I didn't notice a huge difference between thick and thin cut, other than that thin cut was easier to pack. Any difference for you?

dcrguns

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
I have been smoking the thick cut. I do have a brick of the thin cut but have not opened it yet. From most reviews, I get they are about the same. Thick cut maybe a little stronger. I will have to open up my thin cut and try it out.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Interesting. I didn't notice a strength difference, but maybe it's a fine edge which I haven't sussed out yet.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I enjoy it quite a bit also. A generous member provided me with a bunch of seeds and I have dozens of baby Semois plants just waiting to grow. Hope it works! :puffy:

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Are you going to cure/roast it the way Manil does?
I'm not sure yet and still have some research to do.
However, if it works, samples will be had to you fellow "Sem-Heads". :D

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Sem-Heads? Does that mean we're going to end up with Before/After photos in newspapers like other *-Heads?
I need to get a farm going so I have something to swap.

jitterbugdude

Mar 25, 2014
I have dozens of baby Semois plants just waiting to grow. Hope it works
Hey CG, It's not too early to get some mesh bags to cover your seed heads. You want to keep them suckers pure.

Kool cob! Welcome to the wonderful world of growing. I wish I had of prepared a larger bed for this year, but I am just sticking to Virginias this year. I just got in a rush and life sped up on me. Next year... I wouldn't mind growing some semois. I have enjoyed the one everlasting brick of it that I have been working on for almost a year now. It just seems to last forever. Ha ha. I love those cigar-ish notes that I get from it. It's one that I always want to have on hand.

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
I gotta get a hold of some of this and try it. I'm a Burley guy, so this seems like it would be right in my wheelhouse.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I hope you all get a chance to try it. It is both unique and good. The former is easier than the latter to achieve, I've found ;)

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Hey CG, It's not too early to get some mesh bags to cover your seed heads. You want to keep them suckers pure.
Thanks for the reminder ... and, again, for the seeds! :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.