Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2017
Rich's is the best and a must see, oldest shop in portland great atmosphere, excellent selection of pipes and tobaccos both tinned and bulk, great selection of cigars as well. Plenty of magazines(1000's) to read while you are hanging out the store. A bit pricey though (oregon taxes plus they gotta stay in business) but, their house blends made by Bill(except Bills blend which is just dolled up 1-Q) and many of the blends that Steven Books created while working there are quite good.
oh crud... you are talking of Portland Oregon right?
Another worth checking out is 82nd Ave tobacco. Decent pipes and good selection of tinned tobacco. I actually found some Frog Morton Across the Pond and Esoterica's Pembroke. Prices still steep as well.
enjoy!

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I really liked 82nd Ave Tobacco. I'm only a little pissed that they smoke Cigars there, but not pipes.
Paul's in Vancouver is good, the one in Jantzen beach is terrible.
If you pop up here to the 'Couve, tho, remember that tobacco is super expensive. The pipe selection is good.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
82nd Avenue Tobacco and Pipe is a great place. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and the prices are good for a B&M shop. I've visited the shop numerous times over the years, and I've always enjoyed my time there. There is a cigar lounge inside, and there is a patio and a courtyard for cigars and pipes. They do have heaters outside for the chilly times of year, so though the weather is getting cooler, you can still stay warm with one of the outdoor heaters.
As for Rich's, well I've had horrible experiences there. Prices are extremely high as well. If you watch my YT channel you saw I did a review of my last experience at Rich's. I would definitely avoid it unless you want to over pay, be treated rudely, and have no customer, and be looked upon as though you're going to steal tobacco and/or magazines. I'd stay away! Plus, an individual that claims to work there even comment on my video of the shop, and continued to bash me and make more rude comments. Real classy! :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.