PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
Thought I'd enlist the sage advice the fellow members:
I have the following five aros but only two mason jars to store them (live overseas and hard to find--had to get them in Thailand). Which two tins would you pop? Since I'm sort of a new piper I'm looking for the best flavor--nicotine hit is not a big deal; also, one that stays lit well. Also, would prefer a bit of diversity (i.e. not two blends that both taste like vanilla):
Davidoff Danish Mixture

Mac Baren Vanilla Cream Flake

Peterson's Sunset Breeze

Peterson's Irish Whiskey

Peterson's DeLuxe Mixture
Looking forward to any suggestions you may have!

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Well I've only tried two of those myself so I won't be much help, but I would suggest the Sunset Breeze and the Vanilla Flake. The Sunset Breeze has an amaretto flavouring, and I find it to have a unique taste among aromatics.

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
I agree with ghost as well. I've only tried those two, but in my humble opinion, you can never go wrong with Mac Baren Vanilla Cream Flake and Peterson's Sunset Breeze. Neither taste alike.
VCF is heaven on your tongue, and Sunset Breeze has a wonderful nutty and full flavor to it. I love them both.

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
Thanks so much for your responses--Sunset Breeze and Mac Baren VCF it is! Now, if I can only figure out how to rub out flake tobacco. I'm sure there are threads about this on the forum.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The only one I've tried is Peterson's Irish Whisky, and I found it most pleasing. I found it improved after it had

been open for several days. By the time it had been in my rotation for a while, I was really disappointed it was

gone. I haven't bought more only because the number of tobaccos I want to try is ... vast.

Status
Not open for further replies.