PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
Recently found myself obsessing over Poker Nosewarmers, thinking about buying one at some point. Anyone here partial to them? I'd like to know how they smoke.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I have several poker nose warmers and about 2 dozen nose warmers in either short billiard or Devil Anse Style. I absolutely love them.

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
I have two Hackert's and one DGE (my fav). They all smoke excellent, as any well made pipe will. I need to dig out the DGE and take a recent pic. I love how natural pipes color! I've been wanting a Scott Hudson but it looks like he may not be making pipes anymore. :(
20141118_095244.jpg

20141118_094910.jpg

randelli

Nov 21, 2015
Here is my Briarworks Bambino
20160612_192349_zpsf2nwq1fl.jpg

It is the Lone Star Pipe Club POY for 2016. It is a great smoker!

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Here's a couple I've made. I think my biggest complaint is that smoke from the bowl wafts right up under the nostrils.
UEEmfjA.jpg

TrXymVT.jpg

hmhaines

Sep 5, 2016
CT
They're beautiful! Is that first one made of Morta?
I expect the smoke, makes sense. Not sure if I'll tolerate it, love it, or hate it.

drennan

Can't Leave
Mar 30, 2014
Normandy
Easy to carry and incredibly easy to clench so what's not to love about a nose warmer? I like sub 40g pipe but ideally closer to the 30g mark to make the most of there clechability, is that a word?, and if they're around 4inches I don't have much problem with smoke up my nose.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
The only nose warmers I have are Morgans. When their draw is clean, they're sweet little companions, but they do tend to get clogged at the stem. I open my stems with a hand turning of a drill bit using a vise grip and that helps.

I know, a custom stem would help.

All my cob stems tend to get heated at the tenon and distorted, except for the Cobbit stems which are ebonite.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Then there's the Sav 311, of course:
https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/savinelli/index.cfm?tag=3840
Personally, I have a Parker cherrywood (shape) that's short if perhaps not quite a nose warmer, and a nifty stocky nose warmer pocket pipe, I think I'd call it a tomato with an extra sturdy shank and stem, made by my go-to carver Jerry Perry.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
I love them, but I find the Cherrywood shape or the Devil Anse are a little better for nosewarmers as the cant to the bowl directs the smoke just a little past the nose and/or eyes. A slight bend to the stem on a Poker can have the same effect.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I have a few nose-warmers, but none are pokers. I like shorter pipe and lighter-weight pipes in general. I will probably get a Dagner Cob so it will be a first in the Poker category for me.

sack

Lurker
Nov 28, 2016
Man those Hackert pipes are awesome! But I will have to stick with corn cobs. Which is fine. Ordered a dagner corn cob a couple days ago. Might order a couple more next weekend. Pay day!

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I'm a huge fan of nose warmers, with shapes ranging from pokers to billiards to cuttys and a devil. I cannot handle a pipe more then 5" in length anymore.

checotah

Feb 7, 2012
Just got my first nosewarmer poker: Stoker Midnight Blast from Moonshine Pipes. Smokes extremely well, and is easy to clench because of the short stem. I usually smoke a cob in the shop, but I am finding myself grabbing this little beauty with increased frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.