PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

astronomily

Lurker
Jan 30, 2013
So I have this issue. It is not that I am a noobie, but rather I find it hard to stick with the pipe. I have been smoking cigarettes for about 8 years now, and in the last year i acquired the necessary brier's and accessories. In this hardwired society I feel that it is nye impossible to relax and unwind, in which case the cigarette comes into play. If anyone has. Any tips for keeping cigarettes on the back burner I would appreciate it...

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Welcome to the forum astronomily.
I find to really enjoy my pipe I have to be relexed before I even spark it up. I find it's not the pipe smoke itself that relaxes me, rather the entire art of pipe smoking. This is why I enjoy flake so much, with all the fiddling and preparation.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
I also smoked cigarettes before starting with a pipe. If copious amounts of nicotine are what brings you into relaxation then try some blends heavy in the stuff. I found the transition easy, but it's impossible to put cigarettes on the back burner. You either smoke them or you don't.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
If I were trying to replace cigarettes with the pipe, I'd jump head first into pipes. Maybe spend a bit more as a treat for staying away from cigarettes. Read copiously about the habit. Make sure you smoke a pipe everyday. If you can find the enjoyment in pipes that you have found in cigarettes, it will be easier to let them go. If you decide to put the cigarettes down, stick to your decision.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
My particular addiction was sugar.When my blood sugar level got up over 500 I blacked out.I had to start taking shots.Since then I've quit the sweets and lost 70 pounds.I no longer need the shots.Don't get me wrong I would love to still eat sweet stuff,but I know what will happen if I do.I just don't bring them in the house.I know that if I do I will eat them.The same with alcohol..My point here is though it may help some I don't think that just pipe smoking will enable you quit cigarettes.If you have them you will smoke them.If you sincerely want to quit you must have the will power not to buy them.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I enjoy both. The decision of which is dependent on what I am doing at the time. It doesn't appear that you are totally enamored with the pipe so I suggest you not add to your stress and stick with the coffin nails, fitting in a pipe, whenever you are so moved.

astronomily

Lurker
Jan 30, 2013
Thanks guys, this is just what I needed to hear. Dottiewarden I do like the idea of taking the time to prepare the tobacco, it is at opposition from lighting up a pre-rolled cig. That being said I have become privy to the short life cigarette, which I dare dispute. I do revel in preparing for many if not all things, that's all part of the fun. Building yourself up something special makes it that much more enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.