Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Brian just showed me a cool app for listening to podcasts on an Android phone.
Install Podkicker
--> Channels --> (Tap Menu on your phone) --> Subscribe --> (Scroll down) --> Find Podcasts - Search
The show should appear, and then just hit subscribe.
Go back and it will be in the list. It took about 5 minutes for each show to populate into the right side. You have to refresh Podkicker.

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
Wondering if the Pipes Magazine Radio Show would be available through this Android app?
Edit: Just saw that this is posted in the Pipes Magazine Radio Show section, so that makes my question a bit silly and redundant. I shall flog myself when I get home from work today.

jsiddle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2012
I believe thats what Kevin is referring too bud...
I rock windows phone and we can also get to the show just through the music+videos app

vabriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 24, 2012
Thanks for the suggestion! I just downloaded Podkicker and the latest PM (Pipes Magazine) episode. I was using Double Twist which is a great player but it did not have the PM podcast so I had been downloading with itunes then moving it to my phone so hopefully this will help. I spend more time than I care to admit in my car for work and have become a podcast junkie and this is exactly the type of thing I like to listen to. With that being said I extend a thank you to all the people involved in getting the podcast produced and out for us to download.

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
Man, I LOVE the podcast!! It's great.
But once a week doesn't do it for me. Give me MOAR episodes! :)

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Tried to download it and got asked for a login. Assumed it was the google thing so I gave it that. Then it chastised me for not having shopped there before and that my DroidX was an unsupported device. At that point said to hell with it. Smartphones have to be the dumbest damn devices on the planet.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
@captainprophesy

Hey Kevin... have you ever given any thought to signing up with Stitcher?
I just made a note to check it out tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.
@kcghost

My Smartphone is pretty dumb too. However, Podkicker's free version worked fine for me.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Yes, I finally got it loaded, but it came as a surprise rather than an orderly event.
It was a great way to listen to the show while driving home.

marlboromoro

Lurker
Jun 30, 2013
This is how I listen to the show, through PodKicker on my Samsung Galaxy SII. Just started listening and loving it so far, especially all the interesting info and interview with people from the tobacco industry. Here in Australia it's virtually impossible to get that kind of information. Anything tobacco or smoking related is basically a no no, even my tobacconist's website is basically just phone number, opening hours and list of stocked tobacco's and cigars (no prices) which doesn't include or describe their own blends. Anyways, it's nice to feel free and easy while smoking a pipe and not have to worry about nonsense laws :D

rrollar

Lurker
Sep 14, 2013
I listen in on Stitcher all the time on my android. Don't get me wrong the show is fantastic, but wish there was more shows like it out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.